Jumping Rivers is a data science consultancy company focused on R and Python. We work across industries and throughout the world. We offer a mixture of training, modelling, and infrastructure support. Jumping Rivers is an RStudio Full Service Certified Partner.
This role is suitable for anyone interested in deploying (Linux-based) data science services and contains two main elements:
- Client facing: assess virtual servers & services. Identify potential issues or improvements.
- Internal: Everyone(!) at Jumping Rivers uses Linux. Provide support on setting-up systems.
Depending on the interests of the applicant, getting involved with training is also a possibility.
Location: Jumping Rivers is based in Newcastle upon Tyne. However, half of the team are remote (Leeds, Lancaster, Edinburgh). To make remote working a possibility, you need a) a good internet connection and b) within a few hours of (train) travel to London or Edinburgh.
Essential technical requirements
- Linux server administration
- Shell scripting
- Version control
- Relevant technical degree or equivalent experience (Sciences, server administration)
- Experience with R, Python, HTML/CSS/JS
- Docker stack deployment (e.g., Docker Compose, Terraform, Packer)
- Continuous Integration and Deployment (e.g., GitLab CI, Travis)
- Authentication services (e.g., Active Directory, SAML, LDAP, OAuth)
- Time management
- Communication (video chat and email)
- Travel to client’s location as required
- Work independently
- Work as part of a team
Future role opportunities
- Opportunity to develop new orchestration and deployment pipelines for use in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning workloads.
- Maintaining remote Linux services both cloud-based and internal VPS
- Designing bespoke infrastructure solutions clients
- Training: develop and deliver courses
To discuss this role, please email us at email@example.com . To apply, please send a short covering letter and CV. Please use "Junior Systems Administrator" as the subject.
Closing date: 14th November