Git For Me
A one day introduction to Git with RStudio.
When working on data analysis projects version control is essential. Even on small projects, tracking the progress of your project’s code-base has many advantages and makes collaboration much easier. Fortunately it is now easier than ever before to integrate version control into your project, using RStudio’s interface to the version control software git and online code sharing websites such as GitHub.
The course will introduce attendees to the basics of version control with Git. We’ll teach you how to use Git both in the RStudio interface and using the Unix Shell. It assumes no prior knowledge, and by the end of the day, you will have created their first Git code repository and be ready to start working collaboratively in a more efficient manner.
Online | March 15, 2021
1. An understanding of what Git is, why it’s important and how it can help you.
2. The basics of a Git repository, making changes to your code and writing a commit message.
3. How to use both the RStudio GUI & the Unix Shell to commit your code
4. How to create a branch, allowing you to work on multiple versions of your project simultaneously
5. Good practice around using Git
Basic R only.