Course Level: Intermediate (3 hours)
Posit Connect (formally RStudio) is an enterprise-grade publishing platform which gives you, the user, the ability to easily share code, documents and applications with collaborators, colleagues and clients. By the end of this course participants will be able to deploy their content to Posit Connect, manage its access and settings, and tune how this content scales with usage.
Book: Introduction to Posit Connect
- Start Date:
- Venue Details:
No Events Currently Scheduled
Sorry, there are no upcoming events for this course, but please get in touch if you would like to be kept informed when events are scheduled in the future.
- Introduction to Posit Connect: A brief overview of the background and features of Posit Connect.
- Deployable content: A review of the different types of content which can be deployed to Posit Connect, including example code.
- Methods of deployment: Using RStudio’s one-click deployment method, and deploying content from git repositories.
- Managing content: Controlling content access, configuring content to run on a schedule, and scaling deployments.
By the end of this course participants will…
- be familiar with the most popular types of content which can be deployed to Connect.
- understand how to publish content from your local machine to Connect.
- be able to deploy content from public and private git repositories.
- be able to manage user access to your published content, set environment variables, and schedule reports to run automatically.
- have seen a number of different example applications which demonstrate accessing user information from Connect and interfacing with an external database.
- Familiarity with at least one of: shiny, rmarkdown, plumber or flask.
- Basic working knowledge of git-based version control.
- “Very informative material taught at a good pace!”