Getting to Grips with the Tidyverse
The tidyverse is essential for any data scientist who deals with data on a day-to-day basis. By focusing on small key tasks, the tidyverse suite of packages removes the pain of data manipulation. The tidyverse allows you to
- Import data from databases and data sources with ease
- Remove the pain of data cleaning
- Start understanding that data by transforming it, visualising it with imagery and modelling it
- Communicate your findings throughout your organisation securely and simply with apps, documents or plots
- Make business decisions based on accurate data
This training course covers key aspects of the tidyverse, including dplyr, lubridate, tidyr and tibbles.
Jumping Rivers are one of the few companies worldwide to be RStudio Full Service Partners. We have expertise in all aspects of the tidyverse.
Online | October 6, 2020
- What is the tidyverse?
- tibbles vs data.frames: differences and similarities
- dplyr: filtering, joins, and groups
- Tidy data: What is it and how to get it using tidyr.
- Dates/times with the lubridate package
By the end of the day, participants will be able to…
- rearrange their data into an optimal tidy format
- manipulate dates and times in R
- join and separate different data sets
- explain the differences between the tidyverse and standard R
This course assumes familiarity with the concepts of the Introduction to R course. Any topics that you see occur in both, will be more advanced in this course.