R and Microsoft
This course is a practical introduction to using Microsoft products to take R code that works on your machine and making it work for many people at once. Participants will get an overview of available tools and build solutions in each tool.
No Events Currently Scheduled
Sorry, there are no upcoming events for this course, but please get in touch if you would like to be kept informed when events are scheduled in the future.
- An overview of Microsoft technologies
- Using Microsoft R Server
- Implementing R in SQL Server
- Using Azure ML, from GUI to publishing from R
- Embedding R in Power BI
This course will consist of short lectures, followed by short practical sessions. This course will be structured as follows:
- 9:00 — 9:30: Registration and coffee
- 9:30 — 10:45: Lecture and practical
- 10:45 — 11:00: Coffee
- 11:00 — 12:30: Lecture and practical
- 12:30 — 1:30: Lunch
- 1:30 — 2:30: Lecture and practical
- 2:30 — 2:50: Coffee
- 2:50 — 4:30: Lecture and practical
These times are intended to give a flavour of how the course is run and are subject to change.
It is expected that participants are already familiar with R. In particular, they should be familiar with basic data manipulations, functions, and using R model functions. These concepts are covered in the introduction to R.