Course Level: Foundation (3 hours)
Posit Workbench takes all of the features you love about the RStudio IDE and puts them in the cloud. Workbench also enables real-time collaboration, support for both R and Python development environments and secure, concurrent sessions. Our trainers are excited to introduce your organisation to a whole new world with Posit Workbench.
Book: Introduction to Posit Workbench
- Start Date:
- Venue Details:
No Events Currently Scheduled
Sorry, there are no upcoming events for this course, but please get in touch if you would like to be kept informed when events are scheduled in the future.
This course will be structured as follows:
- Navigating around PW: differences and similarities between RStudio IDE and Workbench
- Working in PW: uploading files, importing data and connecting to databases
- Working collaboratively within PW: version control and pair programming
- Publishing to shinyapps.io / Posit Connect
- Job Management: running background processes on the server
- Using PW with Python: VS Code and Jupyter Notebooks
By the end of the day participants will…
- be comfortable connecting to and navigating Posit Workbench
- understand how to clone and edit code repositories in PW
- be able to code peer-to-peer with colleagues inside PW
- understand how to connect to a database from within PW
- launch Jupyter Notebooks and VS Code within PW
Students need to be familiar with R and the RStudio IDE. They also need a basic understanding of SQL databases and the concept of version control with git.
- “The instructor well handled the different level of knowledge of the participants.”