Course Level: Advanced (3 hours)
Shiny makes it easy to view data by creating an interactive webpage. But the way we access web content has evolved ever since smartphone and tablet devices became affordable. Now responsive web design is used across the internet to ensure that webpages will dynamically arrange their content to best suit the device’s dimensions. This course discusses how to design responsive Shiny apps that work effectively on displays of all shapes and sizes.
Book: Responsive Web Design in Shiny
- Start Date:
- Venue Details:
No Events Currently Scheduled
Sorry, there are no upcoming events for this course, but please get in touch if you would like to be kept informed when events are scheduled in the future.
- What is responsive design?
- Using Bootstrap and columns to control page layout.
- Making efficient use of the available space.
- Considerations for touch-input devices and simulating mobile device displays.
By the end of the session, participants will…
- Understand the range of devices used to access content on the web.
- Know how to test their app layouts on devices of varying size using emulation tools built in to popular web browsers.
- Understand how to build responsive grid layouts using the Bootstrap framework that is added to Shiny applications by default.
- Have an appreciation for the space-saving techniques that can be used to improve app-usability on smaller devices.
This course does not include:
- Implementing non-Bootstrap content frameworks.
- How to make your Shiny app match your Corporate Visual Identity, or similar design, using CSS.
- “The instructor was certainly standout, exceptionally knowledgable and eloquent in their delivery.”
- “The tutor was able to answer and personalise the content relating to our questions/needs”