Course Level: Foundation (3 hours)
This is a 1/2 day session that gives an overview of where and how R is used. Using a combination of lecture-based case studies, and hands-on practicals we’ll cover some of the latest developments in the R world. This course is intended to be interactive and is aimed at an organisation that is considering why (or why not) to move to R.
Book: Why Use R?
- Start Date:
- Venue Details:
No Events Currently Scheduled
Sorry, there are no upcoming events for this course, but please get in touch if you would like to be kept informed when events are scheduled in the future.
- Getting started with R
- Who is using R in production?
- Removing the pain of reports, via Automation
- Creating dashboards in a hurry
- Question & answer session
Typical questions that arise (and are answered) are,
- We use Excel, Tableau, SAS, SPSS, Matlab…what is the value of R compared to this?
- Why ask my team, who are short on time, to learn yet another tool?
- How to manage the change in-house and how long does it take?
- Where do we start with the transformation?
- Is it worth the bother, we will need to spend on training costs at the same time as spending money on licenced software until everyone is up to speed in R?
- How do you get support if we use it?
- Is R secure?
By the end of the day participants will understand…
- why R is essential for them and their businesses
- why many top businesses have R at the forefront of their innovation
- that R coding isn’t scary!
- how easy it is to start using R
- how automating reports will save them and their business time and money
- new and innovative ways to show their data via dashboards on R
- how to run R for the entire business via cloud servers
There are no prerequisites for this workshop.